As promised, here’s the recipe for the lemon blueberry bundt cake I made on Monday to chase away the blues :)
Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
Makes a a 10 inch bundt cake
2 cups (242g) all purpose flour, sifted
1/2 cup (57g) cake flour, sifted
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (225g) unsalted butter, room temp
1 3/4 cup (350g) castor sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla vanilla extract
2 tbsp grated lemon zest
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups of blueberries (tossed in flour and a bit of sugar)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease your 10 inch bundt pan and dust with flour.
2. Sift together the flours, baking powder, soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
5. Beat in your flour mixture in 3-4 additions, alternating with your buttermilk in 2-3 additions, mixing until combined. Continue to beat the batter for about 15 – 20 seconds ensure everything is well combined and further aerate the batter.
6. Bake for about 60 minutes, or until a tooth pick / cake tester comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are fine, as long as it’s not wet!)
7. Cool the cake on the rack for about 15 minutes, then invert it out of the pan to cool completely.